Friday, December 11, 2015

Week 7 (10% Off; Extra Day Due To Substitute Being Present)

We've reassembled the launcher again with some progress being made. We lowered the amount of gears being used which caused the actual launcher to be lowered vertically which makes the launcher less effective. The launcher actually rotates now and can hit the ball off of the tee but the problem is that it doesn't rotate quickly enough which causes the ball, when hit, to barely go a sufficient distance to make it into the goal.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Week 7 (10% Off)

We've reassembled our launcher to no avail. It still does not work as intended; the gears still get stuck after rotating briefly.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Week 7 (Final Checkpoint)

We've inserted the launcher into the robot but we're having trouble making the motor move all the gears leading to the launcher. Because of this, we have to reassemble it.
UPDATE: Our arm works perfectly and we are easily able to get the ball onto our tee. The only problem we're facing is to get the launcher to work.

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Week 7

 We've added a metal piece that attaches to our claw to allow it to reach balls on the ground easier. We've also moved one side of our launcher over one because the gears did not have enough space to spin freely.

Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 7

We've adjusted the claw to where it can properly grab the ball from one end and make it exit out the other. We've also gotten a lot of progress done on the launcher so much so that we're almost done with it.

Friday, December 4, 2015

Week 6

We've had to take out and adjust the claw because the ball was not able to go in and out the other end. We've also had to lower the tee due to the bot being higher being higher than 18 inches because of it being too high.

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Week 6

Today we've dismantled the left side of our robot to cut down our axles to where they do not stick out of our robot. We've done this so that our robot does not exceed the 18 inches rule. We have also finished building our arm for our robot that will be used to pick up and place balls.